Crest is a software platform that enables users to achieve and maintain sustainability, quality and regulatory standards through PCs, tablets and mobile phones. It reduces paperwork, audit times and improves the quality of data needed to achieve and maintain standards.
Crest has three customer types:
1. Commercial fishermen use the system to meet the following standards:
- Sustainability- Fishery Improvement Projects and the Marine Stewardship Council Standard
- Quality Standards- BIM responsibly Sourced Standard
- Regulatory-Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) for freezing and processing at sea
The first step is to discuss your needs with us and depending on the fisheries you are involved in a unique user account can be created for you. Contact us for further details.
2. Processor portals can show all vessels landing to a given facility and provide access to vessel details through a user-friendly interface. Crest allows the processor to add information into the user accounts so providing a two-way information hub between catchers and processors.
3. State authorities – BIM, the state authority for fisheries development in Ireland, work with the Crest system for fishing vessels to meet and maintain the BIM Responsibly Sourced Standard on the commercial fishing fleet in Ireland. Vessel owners and skippers interested in undertaking the BIM Standard can contact us to find out more (see more information on the “Join BIM RSS” page).
South Link Business Park,
10, Dorrance Street,
Providence, Rhode Island,
IE: +353 21 245 5670
US: +1 401 6484 852
IE Mobile: +353 87 2591376
Aldi Ireland becomes the first retailer to complete trial with Bord Iascaigh Mhara’s new fresh fish traceability system Aldi is the first retailer in Ireland to test blockchain technology successfully to validate its corporate buying policy for organic and sustainably...
A recent report on the performance of FIP's globally has some interesting results for our FIPs https://oursharedseas.com/fipreview/ A recent report on the performance of FIPs globally has some interesting results for our FIPs (https://oursharedseas.com/fipreview/)...
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
European Space Agency (ESA) and AquaEye: Marine Applications Ltd has just completed our latest project with ESA AquaEye. The project involves the installation of sensors on participating certified aquaculture production units which transmit data in relation to water quality through satellite and GPRS technology to a cloud-based software platform Users are then able to access the appropriate data based through a user friendly GUI.